permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Charleston, South Carolina Update & Video/Teaching Tools about Design Principles

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rev Dele <wearenaturesfriends@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Charleston, South Carolina Update & Video/Teaching Tools about Design Principles
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 09:39:46 -0400

Chris,

Geoffrey Lawton's videos give an excellent overview of the principles.

You must remember that the permaculture design process is a multi-layered
process which begins with understanding the climate zone you live in (which
is temperate) and then understanding the ecosystem you wish to emulate
(forest,prairie,ponds,streams,grasslands, etc.) Then you design with
patterns from nature to accomplish the goals you wish to achieve. The
placement of various elements is determined by a "zone" system which seeks
to maximize working efficiently. Hope this helps to focus your
thinking......peace and blessings Dele