permaculture - [permaculture] Charleston, South Carolina Update & Video/Teaching Tools about Design Principles

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Chris Carnevale <c.s.carnevale@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Charleston, South Carolina Update & Video/Teaching Tools about Design Principles
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 09:23:27 -0400

Hi everyone,

We've started a new permaculture guild here in Charleston, SC. Our first
meeting was last month. About 15 interested souls gathered and we took an
assessment of who was interested in permaculture in the area and what sort
of interaction we would like to see if we were to start getting together
and collaborating with each other. The outcome of the meeting was a stated
desire to meet monthly--each meeting themed around an educational topic
relevant to permaculture--to have online communicating and collaborating
capacity and tools, and to be able to plug in on implementation projects
for applied learning, service, and demonstration. We are very happy to
have received this kind of reception from the community and are hopeful for
our group's collaboration going forward.

Our first topical theme will be permaculture ethics and principles and I am
wondering if anyone can recommend a video or other tools for helping teach
the design principles. I've seen a fair number of permaculture videos
floating around the internet, but never one specifically focused on the
design process or even more specifically on the design principles.

Any help you could afford in advance of our Wednesday meeting would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris