permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture Researcher Seeks Instructors For Collaboration

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Bellows,Wendi Lynn" <bellows@ufl.edu>
  • To: "permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture Researcher Seeks Instructors For Collaboration
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 21:54:28 +0000

Dear Permaculture Community,

My name is Wendi Bellows and I am a graduate (doctoral) student at the
University of Florida in the Interdisciplinary Ecology Program and also an
avid permie. My dissertation research focuses on the research question: How
do different modalities of training affect adoption of Permaculture by
participants? Therefore, I will evaluate four different types of Permaculture
courses currently offered at different venues throughout the United States
(1. Intensive residential course taught by consultants and/or PDC graduates,
2. Non-residential courses taught by Extension, 3. Undergraduate college
courses taught by university faculty, and 4. online courses). I will use
mixed methods including participant questionnaires, interviews and
observations. Results of this study will identify the strengths and
weaknesses of each type of training as they affect adoption of Permaculture
by participants.

Please e-mail me off the list if you are an instructor interested in
participating. If you have any comments or questions about this study, of
course this list would be a good place for the discussion to transpire.

Thank you,
Wendi Bellows, M.A. Environment & Community

University of Florida
Interdisciplinary Ecology Doctoral Student
bellows@ufl.edu

  • [permaculture] Permaculture Researcher Seeks Instructors For Collaboration, Bellows,Wendi Lynn, 01/25/2012