permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Advanced permaculture training & PDC

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robyn Francis <robyn@permaculture.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Advanced permaculture training & PDC
  • Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 15:22:13 +1000

Hi Neil,

There's been a quite few people in the US have expressed interest regarding
the potential for using APT or creating an APT-style framework in the USA
for vocational training and internships in permaculture.

I'd be willing to work with a dedicated core group of interested people in
exploring this further.

There's a national APT gathering coming up early October and will request to
have APT overseas affiliations on the agenda.

Anyone seriously interested in pursuing this further and in depth through a
dedicated discussion group, please contact me off list.

Ciao
Robyn

On 3/09/11 12:41 AM, "Neil Bertrando" <neilbertrando@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for this info and for bringing your trainings to the USA.
>
> Is there an appropriate method to bring the APT system to the US?
>
> Or to access the outlines to the course units to facilitate more complete
> self and group study?
>
> It looks like I missed one opportunity to learn about this topic at RDI and
> the next one is at Djangbung.
>
> Any suggestions, comments, and concerns would be helpful.
>
> Cheers,
> Neil
>
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 3:43 PM, Robyn Francis
> <robyn@permaculture.com.au>wrote:
>
>> Friends in the USA and beyond...
>>
>> I've been invited to teach a PDC with Cathe' Fish, Practical Permaculture
>> Research Institute Oct 26-Nov 8 at Allsgood Farm, near Penn Valley
>> California
>> This course is based on the full original PDC curriculum (including topics
>> not covered in the PC Designers Manual) and is constantly updated with the
>> latest earth science, permaculture innovations and social movements. Great
>> PDC for permies wanting a refresher to teach - could almost call it an
>> Advanced PDC.
>>
>> http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e4kk7dds66e6b2
>> ed&llr=scoupddab
>>
>> Also Advanced post-PDC courses coming up here at Permaculture College
>> Australia later this year:
>>

>> Sustainable Aid for Permaculture Development Work, Oct 16-22, 2011
>> Empowering and Regenerating communities in areas of need:
>>
>> € practical perspectives on cultural sensitivity, ethno-ecology and social
>> permaculture
>> € appropriate communications and inclusive approaches to community
>> engagement and participatory process.
>> € Key issues facing the 2/3rds world and Permaculture strategies to
>> facilitate solution processes.
>> € Survival security (food, water, shelter), health and nutrition,
>> environmental health, kitchen garden and local food security programs,
>> € appropriate technologies and low-tech options,
>> € integrating permaculture with traditional production systems in humid and
>> arid tropics.
>> € facilitation processes for community directed program development,
>> project
>> appraisal and evaluation,
>> € disaster preparedness, post disaster relief and recovery,
>> € preparing yourself for undertaking this kind of work including research,
>> working with development agencies and NGO¹s, and issues of personal
>> security
>> in overseas field work.
>>
>> http://permaculture.com.au/online/professional-development/sustainable-aid-f
>> or-permaculture-development-work
>>
>> NB the week preceding this course is our annual Bamboo Workshop - bamboo
>> management, harvest, treatment, curing, crafting and construction.
>>

>> Permaculture Teacher Training and Effective Facilitation, Dec 4-12, 2011
>>
>> Learn to design effective and meaningful learning experiences, from
> [...]

Permaculture College Australia inc
Pathways to sustainability through
Accredited Permaculture Training™
Certificates III & IV and Diploma of Permaculture
PDC and short courses

Robyn Francis
International permaculture design and
sustainability consultant, educator & facilitator

Djanbung Gardens
Permaculture Education Centre & Demonstration Farm
PO Box 379 Nimbin NSW 2480
02-6689 1755 / 0429 147 138
www.permaculture.com.au