permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: [soilandhealth] Re: Off topic - Web Tools Job 1

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: [soilandhealth] Re: Off topic - Web Tools Job 1
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 21:20:36 -0400

On 5/30/2011 7:13 PM, Alia Tsang wrote:
Thanks for this post, it reminded me I've been meaning to look at anonymous
search for a while. There's also ixquick (https://www.ixquick.com/) and Duck
Duck Go (https://duckduckgo.com/). Duck Duck Go has a nice write up on why
anonymous search is important: http://donttrack.us/

For more tinfoil hat points, check out https://panopticlick.eff.org/ (shows
if your browser is giving out a unique ID) and
https://torproject.org/(anonymous proxying).

Thanks much for the additional links and information, Alia. I did not know about anonymous search engines until I read that post in S&H. Too trusting of me, I suppose. Then again, it is obvious that such net resources should exist in these times. For those rightfully confused about the right plugin/search provider to add to Firefox for Scroogle I picked this one:

OpenSearch Working Icon Scroogle SSL English - 100 results en-WW (ssl.scroogle.org) by Anon [Review]
http://mycroft.mozdev.org/jsreq.html

It adds Scroogle to the list of search engines you can pick on the fly.

LL