permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Aquaponics + Biogas + Green Business = Food & Energy Independence

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: christopher nesbitt <christopher.nesbitt@mmrfbz.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Aquaponics + Biogas + Green Business = Food & Energy Independence
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 11:39:28 -0600

Agroforestry offers a very good energy return on energy expended. It can be extremely productive. When biologically diverse it is not easily upset my market vagaries or species specific pathogens. Agroforestry also provides ecological services, including carbon sequestration, habitat creation, soil and soil moisture retention. It is widely practiced in the tropics.

Aquaponics is a fantastically productive, and lends itself to urban areas, areas with poor or contaminated soil, areas without access to abundant water. I have been building an aquaponics system and am waiting for the solar equipment to run it. This course sounds very interesting