permaculture - [permaculture] Invitations from the Pacific Northwest, USA

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael Pilarski <friendsofthetrees@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Invitations from the Pacific Northwest, USA
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 18:58:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi Darren,

I am writing from the Interior region of the Pacific Northwest in the USA. On
November 4-6, 2011 we are putting on the Inland Northwest Permaculture
Conference (the first one).

If you happened to be in the US at that time, we would love to have you come
and talk about keyline and permaculture.  Keyline systems have tremendous
relevance in some of our ecosystems. We are a low budget affair and can't
afford to fly you in from Australia, nor would we want to. But on the offhand
chance you are over here already.

PS, I am also involved in organizing the 2nd Northwest Permaculture
Confergence in Portland, Oregon, September 16-18.  Maritime Northwest. Ditto
offer on
presenting there.

Permacordially,

Michael Pilarski
Friends of the Trees Society
Inland Northwest Permaculture Conference
Northwest Permaculture Convergence

Calling all permaculturists in
Eastern Washington, Eastern Oregon, Idaho, western Montana and Southern
Interior British Columbia. This is a vast area with a low population density
overall. The vast majority of people have never heard the word permaculture.
Of
those few who are conversant with permaculture only a small % of them have
taken a permaculture design course or consider themselves a permaculture
practitioner. If there are 5 million people in the Inland region and 1% know
about permaculture that is 50,000 people.