permaculture - [permaculture] Carbon sequestration in city question

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Carbon sequestration in city question
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 08:15:36 -0700 (PDT)

I'm in discussion with some officials who are planning tree planting for
carbon sequestration in an urban environment in fl. Would love to get input
and creative ideas from others on doing this for maximum effectiveness. Sandy
soils, some freezes, but generally subtropical. I'm looking at using biochar
and organic matter from waste stream, planting edibles and natives, etc.
Looking to max carbon sequestration as we will get more trees planted if we
can demonstrate this.
Cory