permaculture - Re: [permaculture] official certification - the DAPD

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: chauncey williams <chaunceyfree@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] official certification - the DAPD
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 05:29:32 -0700 (PDT)

I think all of the miscommunication comes from there not being any clear way
to advance after the initial PDC.  Those days will soon be over.  The folks
at Gaia University & Earth Action Mentor along with several other established
Permaculture Institutes have been developing the DAPD, ie (Diploma of Applied
Permaculture Design).  The aim is to have a structured 2 year program for PDC
graduates who want to go deeper into permaculture and receive a diploma in
the process.  It is still in development but should be happening very soon.
Here is the link to the site
http://sites.google.com/site/permaculturediploma/
All said and done, if we're trying to make a positive difference in this
world, I think it should be embraced and encouraged.  It took us many years
of failed experiences to get us where we are, it will take many years of
failed experiences to get us where we're going, the best we can do is try
with open eyes.
Sean