permaculture - [permaculture] Bios Design

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Bios Design
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 03:46:18 -0400

http://biosdesign.us/

"BIOS is Greek for LIFE. As human designers we can look to the life forms in Nature for guidance in creating sustainable systems. Life forms are by definition sustainable, or they wouldn’t exist.

Permaculture is a way to create healthy communities of people, plants and animals. Permaculture uses principles of Nature to empower people to connect to the ecosystem in which they live. It has many disciplines and skill-sets; Efficient agriculture, agro-forestry, aquaculture, natural building, solar technology, education, alternative economics, and more."

"Bios Design is a consultancy for creating functioning systems at many levels: from an edible landscape, to an integrated farm, to a healthy community.

We utilize permaculture principles that derive from functioning natural systems, and we address a variety of potential “domains”, including sustainable agriculture, water catchment, appropriate energy technologies, ponds, livestock, agro-forestry and alternative economics.

Reviewing the fundamental platform of permaculture will help you to better understand Bios Design’s mission, process, and practice in nursery management and design."

Especially check out their nursery:

http://biosdesign.us/nursery
"Our Permaculture Nursery has a diverse selection of perennial fruit & nut trees, fruiting shrubs & vines, and perennial vegetables.

In addition to our ample inventory of conventional fruit and nut trees, berries and vines, we develop cultivate a unique collection of permaculture “all-stars” from homologous climates worldwide."

Anyone know whether princepia sinensis
http://biosdesign.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/plant-catalog-p1.pdf
will produce and survive in US zone 6-7?

  • [permaculture] Bios Design, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 09/26/2010