permaculture - [permaculture] Please unsubscribe me.....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Thomas Naisbitt <johntnaisbitt@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Please unsubscribe me.....
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:56:09 -0700

Good morning,

I wish to have my name and email removed from the subscription list and
cease to receive your emails in my inbox.

Over the past few months, I have been very busy automatically hitting the
"delete" tab on my browser to rid myself of the ongoing threads of pointless
discussion which has been targeting those who I feel are mentors and assets
in the Permaculture leadership and educational field. I see a pattern of a
well known George Orwell story about a group of farm animals bickering
amongst themselves; resulting in a lack of productivity and separation /
segregation.

The ethics of Permaculture are simple and straightforward. Understanding
that is human nature to try to define rules and set forth precise guidelines
to follow; the argument at hand is not uncommon in social circles. I
personally believe that simplicity is best left alone for evolution on its
own. Why do we need to waste our time perfecting something which is perfect
in itself? Simple and open to interpretation and evolution.... should be
left that way.

We are on this planet for a short geological time. Through our own arrogance
thinking that we, as humans, have the power to rule and judge the natural
processes which surround us we have arranged for our own downfall.... and
nature is on the warpath.... slowly but surely she will smudge us out....
and try again in a few million years of rest. I like to keep things simple
and open in my life, knowing that every bit of good (at least I believe it
is good) I do for myself, others, or the planet has a downstream effect. If
I cordially greet a criminal, gang member, or violent offender.... it will
have an impact down the road. If we teach a positive, regenerating skill to
a trained killer, it will have an impact down the road. These impacts may
not take place today, tomorrow, next year, or even with this generation; but
will be felt "downstream" within our short existence on this planet. Thus
giving back that which is due. What I do today, I do for my great
grandchildren.... and theirs.

Thank you for your service.

Taking care,

John T Naisbitt

  • [permaculture] Please unsubscribe me....., John Thomas Naisbitt, 09/23/2010