permaculture - Re: [permaculture] update on Cherry tree flies

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: carolyn anderson <cschampagne@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] update on Cherry tree flies
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 15:46:51 -0400

No video, sadly.
Tried insecticidal soap, and it was only vaguely helpful.
It seems I'm going to need some kind of heavy duty sprayer and since I don't
have a fire hose handy, I wonder if a solution of something in a Miracle
Grow hose attachment would give me more coverage.

I'll go back and look in earlier posts for what comprises a compost tea.
Meanwhile, I can see the leaves browning up as the day progresses.
These guys are greedy!

Thanks,
Carolyn