permaculture - [permaculture] more on ringo

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Sridharan D V <goodnewsindia@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] more on ringo
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 12:17:56 +1000

hi
this is 'dv' from india. i have been lurking here for a couple of
months, being educated by many of the topics in discussion
paul 'ringo' kean, passed through this way about an year ago and
references to him here stirred me cite this.
i was digging swales on my wasteland restoration project called
pointReturn about 100km south of Chennai in south india.
ringo showed up on a bike one day, with laser levels in the panniers.
he marked out contours, and started to ride the mini digger i have.
when he was done with a 0.25 million litre swale i had been taught
how to dig one properly myself.
here's my post on ringo:
http://goodnewsindia.com/pointreturn/online/home/2009/09/paul-ringo-kean-the-gentle-bikie/

and a small slideshow on swales at pointReturn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfFQ67XEZp0

finally, just in case someone wants to read my paen to swales, here it is:
http://goodnewsindia.com/pointreturn/online/swales/

lovin' the company of you all,

dv [formally d v sridharan]

http://pointreturn.org ...the point is to return