permaculture - [permaculture] Brief list of important people's movements predicted for the near future to compensate for the waves of economic collapse we are seeing.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Brief list of important people's movements predicted for the near future to compensate for the waves of economic collapse we are seeing.
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 16:14:44 -0400

I found this on FaceBook this afternoon, credit to the anonymous writer; great things to ponder:

1. Permaculture

2. Peaceful land squatting

3. Open source

4. Autoerudition
(the only definition I could find for this is & maybe its is spam:
http://opportunity-central.com/
Automatically utilizing secondary sources to align information across sources)

5. Autogestion
(Worker self-management - also think Edwards Deming and Buckminster Fuller, the Japanese & others of that era -LL)

6. Guerrilla gardening

7. Reforestation

8. The rise of the new barter system

9. The rise of the gift economy via "piracy"

10. Urban farming

11. The "Copy left" paradigm

12. DIY
(LL- Do It Yourself, i.e. homegrown, homebrew, home and mobile shops [remember WEC's J. Baldwin?], MAKE projects)

  • [permaculture] Brief list of important people's movements predicted for the near future to compensate for the waves of economic collapse we are seeing., Lawrence F. London, Jr., 05/28/2010