permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Garden in Germany would like helper(s)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Nina Rinkes <ninarinkes@hotmail.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Garden in Germany would like helper(s)
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 02:09:17 +0200

Dear Lawrence,

Thank you for your reply!

> Your home cuisine really captured my
> attention; it represents nearly the best nutritional regimen I could
> imagine, and all home grown and prepared.

All home prepared, but not home grown (yet). But we are going to improve on
that, hopefully!

> I spent a lot of time this past winter experimenting with wood fired
> outdoor cooking stoves, mostly one made out of scrap metal stock, parts
> and implements. Also a rocket stove type. If you have access to cutting
> and welding equipment you can make some fancy stoves, otherwise a
> masonry stove is probably a better idea. There are plenty of plans for
> these on the Web.

Your experiments sound very interesting! Wish I could have been there to join
in experimenting... At the PDC I attended two years ago we did build a simple
rocket stove type. A portable thing, not very durable, but it was finished
fast from an old huge tin, some pieces of pipe and perlite and it was quite
efficient actually. Boiled quickly with little wood needed. I do not have
access to cutting and welding equipment, so I was thinking of building a
simple thing like that rocket stove, but I'll definitely look into a masonry
wood fired cook stove, as you recommended. If you have any particular link in
mind, as to where one can find a plan on the Web which works, I'd be happy to
hear about it.

Talking of links, I looked at your blog. So many interesting links and
photographs. Impressive!

For baking I was thinking of a cob oven. Any ideas on that?

> If I were younger and had the $$$ to travel I would really enjoy a few
> weeks with you all. If you're ever over here in the USA you are welcome
> to stay (kinda spartan accomodations but interesting and natural) a
> while at my farm: http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com.

Thank you very much! I don't have the €€€ either, but if I ever get them,
which should be well possible, hopefully, I'd very very much like to visit
and learn from your experience. If ever you come over to Europe anyway,
despite the age (how old are you?!), finances etc., please do visit, if you
get the chance. And don't worry, we don't make old people work. You can sit
under the cherry tree, play with the kids and give us your perls of wisdom.

All the very best,
Nina

http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M1003xHotmail2
Alles in einem Postfach – Ich will Hotmail!