permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Svar: Re: HID plant lights

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Amy Little <amylittle@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Svar: Re: HID plant lights
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 18:06:08 -0400

I am growing annual vegis. Tomatos, peppers, artichokes, parsley, leeks, brassicas, etc...

At 05:20 PM 3/28/2010, you wrote:
It must a lot dependent on what plant species or even variety you are going to grow. If you think hemp, you may be better of in another forum.
But I guess you want to grow different species. And then it will be very difficult to achieve a stocky growth at a certain light intensity.
I guess the answer to this question will be a biological rather than a technical.

>>> Amy Little 28-03-10 22:57 >>>
This is a 250 watt total lighting older bulb with good reflector. I
figure it will cover 3x3, depending on how close
I am concerned that the light may be too close and harm the plants,
but I like the stocky growth.
How close is close enough?