permaculture - [permaculture] Gardens of Gratitude Los Angeles

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: chauncey williams <chaunceyfree@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Gardens of Gratitude Los Angeles
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 17:46:55 -0700 (PDT)

This year, for the second year in a row, residents in neighborhoods all
across Los Angeles will be tearing out lawns and building Edible Gardens.
Coming this April 24th & 25th, Gardens of Gratitude 2010 is an event created
to bring communities together to grow food where they live. Last year we
created 96 gardens, this year we hope to do the same.
People are signing up to have gardens created at their homes and still others
are signing up to help those people build gardens.  They may not know each
other, but by weekends end they'll be best friends.  Check it out,
Gardensofgratitude.com
This is a Permaculture event in its truest sense.  We need to tap into
Permaculture's third ethic for this one, Share the Surplus.  Please help us
build gardens by joining in our fundraising effort, just a dollar can go a
long way.  The money we raise goes to build edible food gardens for low
income residents, homeless shelters and schools.
Go to Kickstarter.com and plant the seeds needed for Gardens of Gratitude to
grow. Kickstarter is a really fun way to donate money to causes you care
about.  Not many permaculture events that you have the chance to donate to.
If you have a couple of extra bucks please show your support and love for
this 100% community & volunteer driven event by donating today.
Thanks Everybody!!