permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Farmers Markets in Cost Rica

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Farmers Markets in Cost Rica
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 16:07:30 -0700

I loved the farmer's market in San Isidro de el General.
It was a huge lovely market, with a long row of organic offerings at the very back.
The day was Thursday. Sometimes Wednesday evenings but not everyone would be there necessarily.

This area of CR is not so overwhelmingly hot as some other places.

We visited a lovely farm where we helped out and lodged for 10 each per day. Suzanne is the person at the centre there: Finca AMRTA, with such places as New Dawn (Alba Nueva) as neighbours. The buses run maybe 5 times per day to and from... Very fun buses...
Beautiful people!
Say hi to everyone from me!

Frances