permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture in prisons

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Dick Pierce <dickpiercedesigns@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture in prisons
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 12:07:04 -0600

Thanks for starting this thread. This is both an important issue and a major
opportunity for Permaculture - as food, as respect, as community, as Green,
as jobs, as sef-esteem and self-reliance. It is as or more important inside
prison walls as outside of them. Please keep this thread going. I'm inspired
to approach our County jails/Sherrif/Wardens - would like "ammo" (sorry for
the poor pun) from other Permaies, places, projects.

Thanks

Dick Pierce

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Michael Pilarski <
friendsofthetrees@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I just received a request from someone seeking leads on anyone doing work
> around applying
> permaculture design to prison environments?
>
> Can anyone send me info on this?
>
> On a personal note, Yesterday I met with the police chief and
> jailer at the Flathead Indian Reservation (Montana) along with some other
> tribal
> staff and 2 other permaculturists to talk about setting up a food
> garden which the inmates could work at. I really liked the police chief,
> as well as the other folks. It sounds
> like they will go ahead with the project.
>
> The project is being initiated by a tribal member who is a permaculturist.
>

> Michael Pilarski

> Google command to search archives:
> site: https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/permaculture searchstring
> More information: