permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Something in the Water]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robyn Francis <erda@nor.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Something in the Water]
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:35:51 +1100

I watched Pert 2 of this last night. The particular eucalyptus tree creating
the toxins in these plantation planting in Tasmania is "genetically
enhanced". The same species from natural forests in Victoria don't cause the
same toxicity. It appears its something to do with the "genetic
enhancement", though the researchers have not been given details of what the
enhancement entails, - "faster growing" was all the info they got from the
company. I'm wondering if they're the same genetically engineered species
that is being proposed for wide-spread planting in the USA.
Robyn