permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [Market Farming] Post For The MARKET FARMING Mailing List - list info update

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: LINDARAY@att.net
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [Market Farming] Post For The MARKET FARMING Mailing List - list info update
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 18:38:58 +0000

Hi Larry,

This will be great. May I suggest a topic for new posting on the MarketFarm
List?-

Here it is:
"How To Set Up And Start A Local Farmer's Market for urban areas which don't
already have one."

I am thinking of a parking-lot weekend market, where several local farmers
(*possibly* maybe even backyard microfarmers) can set up stalls with their
produce and goods, in the same urban location.

e.g., insurance requirements (are there usually any?), permitting (by what
entity?), difference in legal requirements (if any), between having or not
having prepared foods at the farmer's market, etc.

And- Are there good reasons NOT to do this? Looking for feedback from any
experienced folk...

Why? Because IMO we need more of them..

Namaste,

Linda :)