permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture wikis & making a major impact

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jack Rowe" <jackrowe@tinyorb.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture wikis & making a major impact
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:51:31 -0700

1. There is no common organisation covering our activities:
We are self-organizing individuals; we are all chiefs (as in 'too many chiefs and not enough indians')... using old patterns of interaction, this is a deficit... as we adopt new ways of relating this becomes one of our major strengths; we are seeds.

2. There is no common worldview characterising our diverse groups.
The common worldview is a realization that current systems converge on disaster; we tend to be able to see underlying patterns (not a common ability).

3. We never put forward any kind of common program with shared goals,
ideology and strategy.
Here we are!

Awful lot of folks working on different facets of the same big enchilada to not be a movement.