permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture in Japan? (making the most of my time here)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Amir Redzic <redzic_amir@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture in Japan? (making the most of my time here)
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 06:52:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone!

I am currently based in Japan (I usually live in Sarajevo,
Bosnia-Herzegovina), close to Hiroshima city, doing a Japanese
government-sponsored training programme on "developing sustainable tourism
through community based approach". It started on Aug 18 and lasts until Nov
1. (Btw, program is great, organised really well.)

It is quite busy, but weekends and afternoons are mostly free. So I was
wondering if you have any suggestions for me, in terms of visiting places or
meeting people who are doing things in permaculture and related fields. I
have started gaining info on Fukuoka Farming, as I know it was developed on
an island relatively near to here. Also, I imagine Japanese experiences in
efficient architecture, engineering and and other aspects of
sustainable/responsible living are very interesting. I will continue
searching of course, but if you have any ideas or contacts for me in the
meanwhile, I will appreciate that greatly.

As for me and permaculture generally, I am still quite new in this (and very
excited about it!:)). I am involved in several NGOs and businesses in BiH,
trying to give my part in bringing positive change. If any members are
interested, I am happy to talk more about it! :))

Thanks a lot and best to all!

Amir