permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Austin/San Antonio permaculturists?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Redding, Trudie A" <tredding@mail.utexas.edu>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Austin/San Antonio permaculturists?
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:16:13 -0500

Hello Toby,
Monkey Wrench books, activist bookstore affiliated with many eco groups and
education in the prisons groups, Brave New World, more politically to the
left than I like to participate in but have proved to me that they are smart
by having Cindy Sheehan speak, both in Austin.
Are you only speaking one day, the Fair lasts 3 days? I go each year, but it
is with the students as chaperone and is on Saturday. You might find a
bookstore in the region in or outside Fredericksburg. I sure wish you could
get a student group interested in you, then you could speak on campus, look
at the Liberal Arts website for a start. Or perhaps Austin Community College.
Wear a hat, bring your own containers and drink water all day long, wear
light colored clothing. Fredericksburg and region are pretty nice in
themselves and have some great fresh fruit you can buy while walking around,
watch out and don't eat too much meat or rich food while in the heat.
Monkey Wrench or Book Woman would be my choice. Book Woman (Cindy Sheehan
spoke) of course focuses on women and I suppose women writers, but don't
women writers contribute to this book?
There is another group called Third Coast, look at their website for info,
excellent; and Robert Jensen who writes books, is an activist on pornography;
journalistic coverage of facts; and other topics etc. and his website might
have some hint for you on who would like to hear you speak. Best of luck and
wish I could see you on Saturday, but....I'm just gonna have to read the
book, right?
Trudie Redding
UT @ Austin
Electrical and Computer Engg