permaculture - Re: [permaculture] 1. Re: Why is permaculture more about selling books, DVDs and

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] 1. Re: Why is permaculture more about selling books, DVDs and
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 14:57:43 -0400

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network wrote:
hi
now you must be very happy with yourself
shame on you, hope you have shared all your rants with us
wes

Read what he said and take the more angry bits with a tolerant grain of salt.
He is making good points though
painting much of the permaculture movement unfairly with a broad brush.

I do not think your callous and noncaring remark lends much credibility to
your work,
especially if you claim to help those in need.

I like what he had to say and am glad as hell he posted it here.

guys; cant we acknowledge and reconcile the fact that most people cant
afford the Permaculture pubicqtions AND that most Permaculturalists are
busting there arses for no money

Very true and in many circumstances.

we need to go beyond; like 30 years ago

True.

it doesnt help that the permaculturalist pioneers are a bunch of go it alone
curmudgeons who would rather hold a grudge for "à years than cooperate

Not quite.

here is some news; perennial polyculture was invented by poor people; before
the friggin Permaculture movement

True again.

if you want to become an angry rent seeking old hippy this is exactly the
formula

Few are really like that these days; survival preempts harboring attitude.

its the capitalist ethic which has destroyed the world and might explain why
this list/community is so tired and dysfunctional and the FOOD JUSTICE
community is super active

This is the only permaculture list (with a few blog/webforum exceptions) that
isn't tired and dysfunctional.

grow up

The food justice community is important & I would like to see select links to
online resources for this.
In fact it is going to be way more important in the near future - have a look
at my Xpost on the
HR 2749 Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009.