permaculture - Re: [permaculture] 1. Re: Why is permaculture more about selling books, DVDs and

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] 1. Re: Why is permaculture more about selling books, DVDs and
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 09:40:46 -0700

I am so confused.

I don't even know what people are asking for. I read the words and it
doesn't make any sense to me. So I re-read and re-read and I'm still
lost.

We seem to have folks that want to provide lots of permaculture info
for free. So do it! And isn't that the solution? Are we then done?

I know that there are some folks that have a bunch of information that
they are trying to sell. That seems fine too. Good for them for
making a lovely package, offering it a price that others are willing
to pay. It sounds like everything worked out great.

Surely nobody is suggesting that somebody else go and do a bunch of
work and not get paid for it - that would be slavery. I think that if
a person stands up and says "I will give permaculture to the world!"
THAT is really awesome! But if somebody says "YOU will give
permaculture to the world!" - THAT is seriously messed up. And it is
so seriously messed up that that cannot be what anybody here is
suggesting.

Therefore, I must not be understanding what the concern is. Or what
people are suggesting.

Please help me to understand.