permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Why is permaculture more about selling books, DVDs and

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Why is permaculture more about selling books, DVDs and
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 11:43:19 -0700

> Now. Am I hearing Permaculturists saying : "Yeah, but I do not know what
> the solution is ?" If so, I wonder why you keep calling yourself a
> Permaculturist. It is hard for me to say that, but doesnt Permaculture
> says "The Problem is the Solution" ?

I think things are perfectly lovely just the way they are. Many facets of
permaculture info are in a powerful growth mode. Free stuff and pay stuff.
Some folks are doing heaps of permaculture and not writing or doing
workshops - good for them! Lots of folks are doing heaps of permaculture
and pushing it out onto the web for lots of people to read - good for them!
Lots of folks are doing heaps of permaculture and teaching workshops and/or
writing books - good for them!

Lots of people are visiting farms, reading web pages, reading books and
attending workshops - good for them!

I'm having a hard time seeing that there is any problem in this space.