permaculture - [permaculture] Ecology of Transformation: UPDATED (date & format)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: rafter sass <rafter@liberationecology.org>
  • To: "Northeastern Permaculture (List)" <northeasternpermaculture@lists.riseup.net>, permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org, permaculturehudsonvalley@lists.riseup.net, permaculture@openpermaculture.org, mannajo@aol.com
  • Subject: [permaculture] Ecology of Transformation: UPDATED (date & format)
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 17:31:24 -0500

Ecology of Transformation
June 18 - 21
SEEDS Festival, Plainfield, MA

:: Sustainable Landscape, Mycoscaping, & Liberation Ecology
With Rafter Sass & Skott Kellog
Full Workshop: $270 - $320
Day Rate: $75 - 85
Thursday Afternoon: $35

NEW 4-DAY Format with Daily Drop-ins, Thursday - Saturday

This four-day participatory workshop offers the tools to start reclaiming ecological and social health - all the way from broad strategies to specific techniques. It combines the mushroom permaculture of the Mycoscaping Intensive, the technology skills of the Sustainable Landscape, building aquacultures + compost teas, and the social project design tools of Liberation Ecology. You can come for the whole 4 days, or drop-in Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.

THURSDAY AFTERNOON ::: 2:30-6PM
Introduction to Permaculture, Introduction to Mycoscaping, and a Mushroom Walk on the Land.

Permaculture works to create sustainable, labor-saving ways of meeting all our needs for food, shelter, and infrastructure. As both a design science and a global movement, it is accessible to ordinary folks AND scientifically grounded. Permaculture is a powerful toolbox for individuals and communities to take charge of their livelihoods and their ecological impacts. This workshop will introduce participants to the history, ethics, principles and principles of permaculture - and the strategies, and techniques we need to create harmonious relationships with the environment and everything we do.

DAILY MORNING TRACK ::: 9:30 – 11am
LIBERATION ECOLOGY (For full-time workshop participants only)

FRIDAY ::: 11:30 – 6
MYCOSCAPING: Mushrooms in the Permaculture Landscape

Mushrooms everywhere! Food, medicine, bioremediation, and more - fungi have a crucial role to play in creating healthy and abundant landscapes. Come explore the world of wild and cultivated fungi through a holistic permaculture lens. Includes lots of hands-on!

SATURDAY ::: 11:30 - 6
THE SUSTAINABLE LANDSCAPE: Aquatic Polycultures and Bio Brews

(FOR WEB)
We will overview sustainable technologies and then focus on making aquacultures and compost teas. We will build a pond that will be stacked with anarray of aquafic plants and animals for making food, fuel, and fertilizer. We will also brew compost tea: a liquid culture of beneficial microorganisms that can be applied as a fertilizer to crops or be used to remediate contaminated soils.

SUNDAY ::: 9:30 - 1
Liberation Ecology and Mycoscaping Wrap-Up (for full-time participants only)

  • [permaculture] Ecology of Transformation: UPDATED (date & format), rafter sass, 06/05/2009