permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Independent Freeholds

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <bwaldrop@cox.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Independent Freeholds
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 19:01:44 -0600

Freehold is not a legal term, it is a traditional word used to refer to a property owned by an individual or family. "Freeholders" = "yeoman farmers" = Jefferson's ideal for the majority of the population. It is not a legal term, more of a cultural reference. Its roots are in England.

Bob Waldrop, OKC
www.barkingfrogspermaculture.org
www.bobwaldrop.net

----- Original Message ----- From: "Todd Siegel" <todd.siegel@gmail.com>