permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Conserving water in ponds

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jay Woods <woodsjay@cox.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Conserving water in ponds
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 20:11:59 -0500

The soil behind the dam runs 30% void which fill with water. You use a well
get to the water. I put the well casing on the downstream side and through
the dam at the bottom. Putting it on the downstream side allowed me to create
a spring there. And yet the spring is lower than the soil level on the
upstream side.