permaculture - [permaculture] Forward: Algae lab Open House, Berkeley, CA

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Maya Panisset <maya@dogpatch.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Forward: Algae lab Open House, Berkeley, CA
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 06:44:20 +1000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dr. Friendly aka Aaron Wolf Baum, PhD <drfriendly@drfriendly.tv>
Date: Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 10:59 AM
Subject: Algae Lab Opening @ The Shipyard, This Sunday!
To: Aaron Baum <drfriendly@earthlink.net>

It's a fact.
Food, fuel, fertilizer, fresh water, and arable land -- all are running out.
But there is a crop that can grow in salt water, on true waste land, creating
all the products we need by eating greenhouse gases and water water.
And can grow 100x faster than conventional crops.
Algae!
A truly green crop for a sustainable future.
We are the Shipyard algae lab community.
We have created the world's first community algae lab --
for development of open source, DIY-oriented algae technology,
to facilitate the co-operative pursuit of this new form of agriculture --
and we invite *you* to come see it,
*celebrate* with us,
rub shoulders with hard-working algae-istas,
cozy up to bubbling green stuff,
and sign up for one of our upcoming workshops!
Algae-powered super-snacks will be served ...
come feel the algae love ...

3-6pm Sunday, August 10th
@ The Shipyard, 1010 Murray St., Berkeley 94710
FEEL FREE TO FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ANY INTERESTED FOLK ...

Dr. Friendly aka Aaron Wolf Baum, PhD
drfriendly@drfriendly.tv
"I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to
the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of
peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that
unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word."
- MLK Jr.