permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Next Gen Wind Energy you have Never Seen

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Douglas Woodard <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Next Gen Wind Energy you have Never Seen
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:36:07 -0400

Bergey is still in business, maintaining an excelent reputation. They are building some bigger machines now.

http://www.bergey.com

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
Douglas Woodard wrote:

Thanks for the excellent advice. Not all of DRB & BB is properly reviewed,
much less than by anyone there or associated knowing the fields discussed.

1) I have been impressed with the inexpensive Bergey 1KW windmills, offered
years ago.
Don't know where that is at now.

not to mention
http://www.homepower.com

Absolutely.
Don Kulha ws involved with HP from the beginning, the magazine and the online
resource
initially as FidoNet BBS. We were associated within Fido.
His: Homepower BBS hosting the HOMEPOWER FidoNet echo (forum) and mine was
EARTH*Net BBS hosting the SUST_AG echo (Sustainable Agriculture).

I hve 1.2mb floppies with archives of HP echo discussion; attempted to put
them
on the Internet as FTP download (this was before HTTP). Now there is
alt.energy.homepower (excellent),
alt.energy.renewable, alt.solar, alt.solar.photovoltaic (excellent) and
alt.solar.thermal (excellent) newsgroups.
These newsgroups are probably some of the best places to go for accurate,
up-to-date, interesting information;
they are reltively isolated from Web things and are old-school.

LL