permaculture - [permaculture] request for info about Pacific NW plants

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Joan Stevens <mamabotanica@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] request for info about Pacific NW plants
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 10:41:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hey all, I'm doing some research on plants and am out of my bioregion and
away from my library. Can anyone there suggest plants that would fit the
following criteria and would grow in a warmer coastal Pacific Northwest
climate?
1) Women's reproductive health medicines (promote fertility, regulate
hormones, etc)
2) Medicines that promote mental health (herbs for depression, sacred plants,
etc)
3) Plants generally adaptogenic in medicinal action

Any information would be greatly appreciated! I am going to research the
plants i come up and then create some guilds that they could be a part of.
I'd be happy to share what I create with anyone who is interested.
Thanks!
Joan

submissions to

permaculture-request@lists.ibiblio.org

permaculture-owner@lists.ibiblio.org

than "Re: Contents of permaculture digest..."

Today's Topics:

1. USDA shells out millions for CCD but little or nothing for
significant research (Lawrence F. London, Jr.)
2. BBC NEWS | Americas | Cuba reforms turn to state land
(Lawrence F. London, Jr.)
3. Financial Permaculture: Greening a Rural American Community
October 24-28, 2008 Hohenwald, Tennessee
(Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network)

Message: 1