permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Zero farming, anyone

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: kris kaul <kriskaul@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Zero farming, anyone
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:37:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Suraj,

I've been to India many times but never to the south; I hope to fix that next
trip, the south is very beautiful...  There is a video online that you might
be interested in - it is of Emelia Hazelip describing Synergistic Gardening
which she developed from the principles of Masanobu Fukuoka.  She used no
tilling, machines, or input other than mulch but built up very high raised
beds which she kept permanently mulched, and used composting in place. The
film is in several parts on Youtube (in English although the subtitles are in
French), or the entire video is available as a torrent.

Permaculture - Part I (Emilia Hazelip's Synergistic Gardening)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH4IwXse8TU

Synergistic Garden (torrent download)
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1038437

Kris Kaul