permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Two-person Shovel

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robyn Francis <erda@nor.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Two-person Shovel
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:47:01 +1100

The 'two-person shovel' technique was invented for pitting by hand in arid
zones to make the job easier. I'm sure it could reduce the backstrain
involved in moving soil for small ditches etc.
Dunno about attaching a second rigid handle for the job - The rope provides
flexibility for the second person who simply gives a small tug - the
flexibility includes adjusting one's proximity to the shovel and flying
objects...
Ciao
Robyn