permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Two-person Shovel

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: tom <tom@honeychrome.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Two-person Shovel
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:47:12 -0400

I've come across a couple illustrations of a 'two-person shovel' in permaculture texts. Is this just a 'regular' shovel with a cord with a handle tied to it, or is it a specific tool? Googling doesn't come up with much. I have a considerable amount of diversion ditch and swale digging to do and anything to make it easier would of course be appreciated. Suppose we could try the cord-and-handle thing, but seems like a second rigid handle would maybe be more effective. Anyone have any info, etc. on this?
Thanks