permaculture - Re: [permaculture] all the water and all the air in the world

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@meadows.pair.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] all the water and all the air in the world
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:02:51 -0500

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 12:32:46 -0700, you wrote:

>I'm curious how a similar ball would compare containing all the biomass on
>planet earth (humus, et. al.).
>
>...yet a lot of people piss in several gallons of potable water and flush
>it?! how irrational. water is so precious.

But it doesn't go away when you flush.... You aren't destroying it.

In our particular case, since we have a septic tank, the water (filtered by
the leach field) returns to the water table *in our immediate area* with no
expenditure of energy. Gravity takes it from the toilet to the septic tank
and through the leach field.

However, I don't flush *every time* I pee. We also have a well, and the
well water is pumped by electricity. So I'm saving electricity in this
case, not water.

Pat
-- Northern Pennsylvania
http://www.entire-of-itself.blogspot.com/
'Every one of us can do something to protect and care for our planet.
We should live in such a way that makes a future possible.'
- Thich Nhat Hanh