permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Reaction to 60 minutes piece on Bees

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "roxann" <roxann@ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Reaction to 60 minutes piece on Bees
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 13:48:51 +0000

especially in my neck of the woods, it is no excuse to have forgotten to
plant the flowers! salvias, echinacea, bee balm, lemon balm and hyssop, along
with mints and herbs of all sorts are on my list to do asap. some of these
flowers are growing wild in this area, so i will just encourage them to live
closer to my garden. it is remarkable how something so seemingly
insignificant could make such a huge difference in a garden's productivity
simply because it provides incentive and will attract the bees and
beneficials to stay around where they are needed by the humans of this
household.

roxann