permaculture - Re: [permaculture] A moment of silence for these good folks: BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Burmese monks 'to be sent away'

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] A moment of silence for these good folks: BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Burmese monks 'to be sent away'
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:29:10 -0400

Healing Hawk wrote:

This is not such a radical contrast to the US, where we have a junta in
power who have eviscerated the Constitution, perpetrated unprecedented
surveillance on US citizens, waged two illegal wars under international law
and seek yet another, against Iran, and have caused the deaths of more than
four thousand US citizens who had the lack of foresight to be in the
military when this junta seized power in the 2000 coup in Florida by the
Supremes. Read "The Mega-Lie Called the 'War on Terror': A Masterpiece of
Propaganda" by Richard W. Behan, at www.alternet.org/waroniraq/63632 if you
want the history chapter and verse.

The US/CIA put Saddam in power over 45 years ago and the charade has
continued to the present.
There probably is a real war on terror other than what everyone already knows and reads about in the mainstream news but its one chess game played behind the scenes that we will never hear about (Israeli strike on undisclosed Syrian military target & other things past and present like who Al Caida really is made up of, who makes them work and carries out their worst horrors and who finances them). You may know of Naomi Klein. Here is her website: http://www.naomiklein.org/. Read about her new book The Shock Doctrine, the Rise of Disaster Capitalism. The short movie available in the intro to her website will wake you up & contains some horrific pages from the CIA interrogation manual (may give you nightmares so avoid this if you don't want to risk ruining your day).

She has some really good ideas for fixing some of the problems we have with
this country.

I tip my hat to those Burmese monks as they are collectively and individually
saviors of mankind.
(I can just hear it now from the Fundy Wonderland about how anyone other than
Their Man could perform in that capacity).