permaculture - [permaculture] The Oil Depletion Protocol

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "J Kolenovsky" <garden@hal-pc.org>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] The Oil Depletion Protocol
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 23:31:45 -0500

Keith and Tommy,

I've following Heinberg for over a year. I've read The Party's Over and The
Oil Depletion Protocol. Yes, drastic, eye-opening, mind-boggling, unselfish
and unconsumptive changes that need to occur very quickly. Also, I've
noticed since New Year's that everyone is jumping in on the coming
energy/oil crash crisis like gangbusters. Well, isn't that special. A bunch
of profiteering polluters entering the arena.

A website that I like to visit very day for a short while is
http://www.energybulletin.net/.
This site is a must check in for the Peak Oil advocate. And you can pick any
contributor you would like to read on any given day. Heinberg publishes
often as well as Simmons.

I try to talk to people about Peak Oil and all they want to do is go buy a
Hummer. So,
I have a license plate that says BAN C02. Corny, maybe. But since I drive a
Volvo which is an environmentally friendly car, it should get someone to
question themself about our future. When I shop grocery stores and ask put
my goods in plastic bags, I tell them I want paper bags because they are
recyable, help children's paper drives abd don't choke fish and turtles and
other marine animals. They reply with blank stares. Then I ask, "Did you
know that 8 states have outlawed plastic bags in grocery stores?"

JK

Message: 3