permaculture - Re: [permaculture] best (stealth permaculture) book on ediblelandscaping?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Primal Parent" <primalparent@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] best (stealth permaculture) book on ediblelandscaping?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:30:57 +0000

my two favorites are 'designing and maintaining your edible landscape' by robert kourik
and 'complete boof of edible landscaping' by rosalind creasy

From: Jenny Katz <jennykatz@sbcglobal.net>
To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 06:39:56 -0400

A friend of mine--a young woman of 26 who has grown up here in
Connecticut farming conventionally (mostly fruit: apples, peaches,
plums, berries)--is planning on going into business for herself
designing edible landscapes. She knows nothing about permaculture,
doesn't even have experience growing organically, and I would love to
get her a book that could shape her future (and all of ours!) for
Good. This book needs to be approachable and readable, not too
technical; she's a smart woman but not an "intellectual," so to
speak, and anything too dense is going to go unread, I think.
Ideally, the book would be stealth permaculture--less theory than
practicality, but eye-opening when taken as a whole. (Incidentally,
she's also done some masonry work and plans to incorporate stonework
into her projects.) I was thinking about Gaia's Garden... would love
other suggestions and ideas. Her birthday's coming up, and it's the
perfect time to get her something good...

Many thanks, friendly growing people--
Jenny