permaculture - [permaculture] best (stealth permaculture) book on edible landscaping?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jenny Katz <jennykatz@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] best (stealth permaculture) book on edible landscaping?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 06:39:56 -0400

A friend of mine--a young woman of 26 who has grown up here in Connecticut farming conventionally (mostly fruit: apples, peaches, plums, berries)--is planning on going into business for herself designing edible landscapes. She knows nothing about permaculture, doesn't even have experience growing organically, and I would love to get her a book that could shape her future (and all of ours!) for Good. This book needs to be approachable and readable, not too technical; she's a smart woman but not an "intellectual," so to speak, and anything too dense is going to go unread, I think. Ideally, the book would be stealth permaculture--less theory than practicality, but eye-opening when taken as a whole. (Incidentally, she's also done some masonry work and plans to incorporate stonework into her projects.) I was thinking about Gaia's Garden... would love other suggestions and ideas. Her birthday's coming up, and it's the perfect time to get her something good...

Many thanks, friendly growing people--
Jenny