permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Definition of area measurement and permaculture articles

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Sharon Gordon" <gordonse@one.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Definition of area measurement and permaculture articles
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 10:26:46 -0400

Onlineconversion didn't have the cent measurement. A poster led me to
another site
http://www.bhw.in/area-conversion.aspx
which indicates that
1 cent = 1/100 of an acre or
approximately
40 square metres
436 square feet
.004 hectare

and going back to online conversion, I found that
.01 acre equals 40+ centiare so the cent and centiare are different
measurements with the centiare being much smaller and equal to 1 square
metre.

So in the orginal article they were talking about a small farm of 1/4 acre
or 1/10 hectare.

The interesting permaculture articles I was reading when I came across the
measurement are at
http://www.farmedia.org/spectrum.html . It's not clear from the first page,
but some of the headings open to multiple article pages.

Sharon
gordonse@one.net