permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Definition of area measurement

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Definition of area measurement
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 23:27:50 -0400

Sharon Gordon wrote:

I am looking for how many square metres/feet an area measurement of a cent is.

I have seen some references to a 25 cent plot of land. Looked at the online
measurement

conversion site without finding cent as an area of measurement. Any ideas?

Sharon
gordonse@one.net

Get out your vernier or digital calipers and measure the diameter of the coin; measure several and derive a mean measurement. A = Pi (3.1416) X R(radius)2(squared)
Area equals Pi times the square of the radius.

or its the going rate for an acre of farmland in dollars ($1000) divided by
.25
or the equation:

x/43560=.25/1000
solve for x

.25X43560=1000x
1742.4=1000x
x=1.7424

@ $1000/acre, $.25 equals 1.7424 square feet

or derive the area of a one cent coin in square feet, multiply it by 25 and
divide that
by 43560 to find what percentage of an acre that is

or measure a quarter and do same calculation
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm