permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The Fed

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marjory <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The Fed
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:43:40 -0500

Some thoughts on The Fed. The absolute best way to understand the
current money system is a documentary called "The Money Masters". The
documentary is a synopsis of a 700 page work on the same topic titled
"The Creature From Jekyl Island". I recommend this highly to anyone who
seeks a greater understanding of the patterns of money.

The answer to the question "who owns the Federal Reserve" is in the
documentary and will change how you see the world.

A few Presidential quotes regarding the Federal Reserve:

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of
their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks...will
deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up
homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.... The issuing power
should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it
properly belongs. -Thomas Jefferson

The Government should create, issue, and circulate all the currency and
credits needed to satisfy the spending power of the Government and the
buying power of consumers. By the adoption of these principles, the
taxpayers will be saved immense sums of interest. Money will cease to be
master and become the servant of humanity. -Abraham Lincoln

Despite these warnings, Woodrow Wilson signed the 1913 Federal Reserve
Act. A few years later he wrote: I am a most unhappy man. I have
unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled
by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The
growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands
of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most
completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world
no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by
conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion
and duress of a small group of dominant men. -Woodrow Wilson