permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Microclimates

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: ibiblio list <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Microclimates
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 14:12:02 -0700

If you want to seriously delve in to microclimates, find "Climate Near the
Ground" by Rudolf Geiger (brother of the Geiger counter inventor). Although
it's pretty detailed, college-textbook level writing, there's no math to
speak of, and his stories and description of how different cultures use
microclimates was very helpful for an article I wrote for the Activist years
ago. It's the best book on the subject.

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com