permaculture - [permaculture] more on bees & cellphones & how rare the fact-checking

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: neshura <neshura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] more on bees & cellphones & how rare the fact-checking
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:34:10 -0400

http://www.celsias.com/blog/2007/04/24/cell-phone-buzz-is-media-overhype/

"Thus, a simple and inconclusive story from a few researchers in
Germany has circumnavigated the globe in a blog-feeding frenzy that
has blown the issue out of proportion compared to the more likely
culprits: the lack of biological diversity inherent in modern
human-managed environments, pesticide usage, and pollen and horizontal
gene transfer from genetically modified crops."

"Ever since The Independent wrote their article, for which they never
called or wrote to us, none of us have been able to do any of our work
because all our time has been spent in phone calls and e-mails trying
to set things straight. This is a horror story for every researcher to
have your study reduced to this. Now we are trying to force things
back to normal."

  • [permaculture] more on bees & cellphones & how rare the fact-checking, neshura, 04/26/2007