permaculture - [permaculture] Top bar beekeeping

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Phil Chandler" <phil@apchosting.co.uk>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Top bar beekeeping
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 18:39:10 +0100

Hello permaculturers,
I am new to this list, although I have had posts forwarded to me by
subscribers when relevant.
I am a beekeeper, now working with top bar hives on an organic farm in Devon.
I use no chemical treatments and bees are free to build their comb as they
please.
My web site is at www.biobees.com and I have posted a set of photos to help
people build their own top bar hives. Captions will be added soon...
I am in the final stages of completing a book on TBH beekeeping, called 'The
Barefoot Beekeeper', which will be downloadable from my site soon. My aim is
to offer people a simplified and low-cost approach to beekeeping that would
blend in with any permaculture project. I'm happy to answer any questions.
Best regards,
Phil Chandler

  • [permaculture] Top bar beekeeping, Phil Chandler, 03/31/2007