permaculture - [permaculture] Bee Friends

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: KNat <knat@sprintmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Bee Friends
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:15:42 -0600

Hi,
I had a strange interaction this morning that I am trying to decipher.
When I went to the hive NO greeter bees came out. Usually a few come to
me when I am barely thru the gate and if I continue to do work on the
hive many others come out too. It is still a bit cool and the sun is not
yet hitting the hive. When I radiated concern a lone buzz prominated so
I pressed my ear to the hive. It was joined by a small collective humm
til it was clear some were still in residence and I put a feeder with
the remedy feed mix I used last Fall in. I have not been feeding since
hunker down but felt an urge to get strengthening to them. 4 came down
to the opening and one came out onto the hive. It walked in a pattern I
haven't seen before and did not look energetically whole. I did not feel
alarm or need but it is sure strange.
How are the rest of your bees?
Anyone have resource for patterns.? Painting medicinal patterns were
part of some of the bee cultures. Anything seem resonant with others?

Kathyann