permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Mysterious honeybee deaths drive honey prices higher - Mar. 29, 2007

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "roxann" <roxann@ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Mysterious honeybee deaths drive honey prices higher - Mar. 29, 2007
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:39:59 +0000

The wild fruit trees in my valley are also swarming with wild bees, not just
honeybees, but lots of honeybees along with bumble bees, and some sort of
smaller bee. In my garden I have noticed in the past that a lot of the
pollinating was being done by many types of bees and wasps, not just
honeybees. Even the dreaded red wasps do a lot of work in my garden - lol - i
can't tolerate them near me, but we have worked out an agreement where i will
keep my distance and they will do their work.

roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com

  • Re: [permaculture] Mysterious honeybee deaths drive honey prices higher - Mar. 29, 2007, roxann, 03/29/2007